TikTok has gone viral, because the engagement rates are said to be extremely high. A new TikTok user can get “TikTok-Famous” with a bit of luck and skill.
What makes the algorithm tick, is not entirely clear. However, videos with high engagement rates (clicks, likes and comments) do show up on the “For You Page” (FYP), more quickly.
Yet, Influencers are uncertain how good and the building of a community on TikTok really is.
What is becoming increasingly common is trying to convert TikTok-followers to Instagram.
Why convert users from TikTok to Instagram
There are a number of reasons you might want to convert your followers from Tiktok to Instagram.
- Authenticity, maybe you or your brand feel more comfortable on Instagram, than on TikTok. All that wackiness and quick form content does not fit every single (personal) brand, well.
- Longer content, the maximum length of a video on TikTok is 60 seconds; not a whole lot if you want to share the intricate details of your life with the world. Can you put out enough exciting content on TikTok to keep your audience engaged? Or is it easier to spend your time in front of the camera on an Instagram Live Stream?
- Monetization, TikTok marketing is still fairly new. The ecosystem and prices paid to influencers are volatile and it is hard to grasp how important a personal brand really is. On Instagram, price scales have been established for years. This helps plan your business, better.
- Instagram is here to stay?, as part of the Facebook group it is likely that Instagram is here to stay. Whereas we have seen other social media networks Vine and Snapchat (to a certain extent), not truly come to full blossom. IG is a proven network with a high quality, personal user base. A big plus for the Facebook group.
- Integrations within the Facebook Group, in the western world, WhatsApp, Instagram and Facebook Messenger (Rooms), take the crown when it comes to social media. The addition of Facebook Shops and the new cross-platform, integrated Rooms (live streaming) features make FB the place to be.
Strategies to bring followers from TikTok to Instagram or Facebook
User engagement and story telling are the strongest cards in the deck. If you are looking to bring your TikTok viewers from one social media platform to another, you will need to bridge the gap.
Here are a few strategies you can deploy to convert your TikTok followers to Instagram:
- One strategy is to start your story on one platform and finish it on the other. This means teasing the user with some interesting short facts and ask them to join you for a longer session or more infos on Instagram.
- Use the same user names – something that is highly “underrated” is consistent branding. If you or your brand are known under a certain user name, like mine is @rlivain on all my social media platforms (like Twitter), then stick with it. It makes content discovery for your followers a breeze.
- Use screen real estate and description section underneath your TikToks to highlight your other social media platforms.
Make sure you know why you are doing it
What is the reason you would like to move your followers from one platform to another?
Ask yourself the following:
- Do I have the capacity to manage and run multiple social media accounts in a good and professional manner?
- How do I use both TikTok and Instagram to communicate with my followers and fans?
- Where are you able to monetize your fans, best – in the long term?
I hope this post gave you something to think about. If you would like to discuss your social media strategy, simply reach out and schedule a 1-on-1.